I’ve had several discussions about this talk with friends and family – and I know there are a variety of view points. Here are my five reasons for believing this talk is powerful, timely, and paradigm shifting.
- A Bigger Broader Audience than we usually see in talks regarding women.
He speaks to broad scope of women; he speaks to EVERY woman. He doesn’t only talk to mothers and nurturers (the usual); instead he calls out all the gifts of women. He calls to wives, mother, aunts, sisters, and “all women regardless of circumstance” – and references the following list of gifts, attributes, and characteristics.
- Women who can speak with the power and authority of God
- Women who can make things happen with their faith
- Women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ
- Women who understand the power of the endowment
- Women who know how to call down the powers of heaven – to protect and strengthen children
- Women who know how to receive personal revelation
- Devout defenders of the faith
- Courageous defenders of the family
- Women who organize and can organize
- Women with executive ability
- Women who can plan, direct, administer
- Women who can teach fearlessly and speak out
- Women with the gift of discernment
- Women who express beliefs with confidence and charity