FMH’s Guest Issue of Exponent II Coming Soon!
We are thrilled to announce that the Feminist Mormon Housewives guest edited issue of Exponent II will be available in print and online in the coming weeks. We will be placing an order with our printer TOMORROW (9/9) and we have SOLD OUT of our last two issues. To order your copy in time to ensure that you get this special edition, new subscriptions and orders for individual copies must be received by tomorrow (9/9) by 12:00 Pacific time. Reserve your copy or begin a subscription now by visiting http://www.exponentii.org/magazine/subscriptions. I have just gotten a sneak peek and am positive this is an issue no long-time reader of Exponent II or fMh will want to miss!
We are also accepting writing and art submissions for the winter issue of Exponent II through September 20th. Often when I tell a friend or acquaintance that they should write for us it’s followed by a response of not knowing what to write about. So to spur all your writing imaginations (since if you’re reading The Exponent Blog, you clearly have one!) I’m going back to my creative writing roots and offering some prompts to get your creative juices flowing. Please feel free to leave your own prompts or topics you’d like to read more about in the comments below. We’re eager to hear your stories!
- Have you ever had a spiritual experience in an unexpected place or as a result of asking an unorthodox question?
- How has a family member’s change/gaining/loss of faith affected your relationship with them or the Church?
- How do you keep (or do you think you should keep) meaningful relationships with members of the opposite sex after marriage?
- Do you feel like you have a life calling (career, parenthood, volunteerism, etc.)? How did you discover it?
- How does your relationship to Mormonism influence how you dress, decorate, celebrate? Does Mormonism have a unique artistic aesthetic?
- Have you ever given or heard a Sacrament meeting talk that tackled a difficult or unexpected topic in an uplifting way?
- Have you ever witnessed particularly successful examples of men and women working effectively and with a sense of equality in a local Church setting. What accounted for its success?
The spring issue of Exponent II will be devoted to exploring issues pertaining to our sisters and brothers in the LGBT community. If you have a story to share about being/loving/raising/growing up with someone who has struggled with reconciling their Mormon faith with their sexual difference, we’d love to hear from you.
All submissions received by September 20th will be included in our next readers committee and we will respond to you by mid-October to let you know the status of your article. Submissions should be mailed to editorATexponentiiDOTorg.
So get writing, friends. We want to hear from you!