Share a Six Word Memoir
Can you tell your life story in six words? A few months ago, NPR mentioned Smith Magazine’s six word memoir contest. Many of the submissions were heartbreaking and hilarious. Here are some of my favorites:
- Fat fired lawyer loves three-legged cat.
- Never really finished anything, except cake
- After Harvard, had baby with crackhead.
- Caring for parents. Life is circular.
- Nerdy girl smutmonger. Now, baby fever.
- Being a monk stunk. Better gay.
So of course, I had to try my hand at a few memoirs. Mike and I came up with these for me.
- Three degrees, one baby, still unsatisfied.
- Mormon feminist loves husband, hates patriarchy.
What about you? I’d love to hear how some of you would describe your life in six words.