Virtual Oases, April 13
- Harvard University Press has just published a fabulous Mormon history text from SUNY professor Jared Farmer (who may or may not be related to me): On Zion’s Mount: Mormons, Indians, and the American Landscape. If you’ve spent anytime in Utah Valley, you might enjoy reading his treatment of the legend of Mt. Timpanogus!
- You can also read his guest post over at Juvenile Instructor: Mormons, Indian Displacement, and Usable Pasts
- Or a review of his recent guest lecture at BYU.
Back to regularly scheduled programming:
- Mormon grandmother meets Australian Prime Minister
- Did you miss the exciting announcement earlier this week? The Exponent II magazine is now available ONLINE and for FREE. Check it out here!
- Starfoxy: A moment of kindness saves a life.
- A marker of the new Monson administration? Church officials meet with gay LDS support group.
- A young women’s lesson from 1900
- Which LDS novel would you give to a non-member?
- Housekeeping tips for the time-challenged
- SPRING IS HERE