Virtual Oases: October 5
- Our favorite YW blog has a great review of Pres. Dalton’s talk today — love the shout-out to the outdoor meeting. Let’s hope that takes. There’s also a lively discussion about it at FMH.
- A moving essay from the latest Sunston: How the Prayers Ran Dry
- Changing diapers while the Dow falls.
- Jana . . . I was just telling my juniors about “Author’s Ridge at the Concord cemetary, how every October I would take a book of poetry and sit near Hawthorne, Emerson, Thoreau, and Alcott. I even got a little teary. So glad you could make it there for me . . .
- Kiskilili takes another look at the tricky word “preside” — can’t we just say father’s are vital?
- Dalene: In praise of parenting teenagers
- P.J. O’Rourke looks at death . . . and makes us laugh
- The feel good story of the year . . . even if you aren’t a Red Sox fan
- Winner of the worst opening sentence contest