Year in Review 2014
Who’s excited for a new beginning this week? I know I am. But before we start a new year, I know you all want to read the best posts from 2014!
This was a great year for the magazine- our 40th anniversary! Our speaker series started off in Provo, UT, with Emma Lou Thayne, whom we will miss, and hit Washington DC with Claudia Bushman, Berkeley, CA with Carol Lynn Pearson, and finally back to the Exponent’s original state of Massachusetts with Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.
For the magazine, the Winter 2014 issue was the last one available in full as pdf on our site. You can see a teaser for the very popular Spring 2014 on Mormon Women and the Priesthood here, and from here on out, there are digital and print subscriptions. Read about them here and subscribe to get the Exponent II on your digital device!
On the blog, we have welcomed many new bloggers: Liz, East River Lady, Jess R, Jenny, Cruelest Month, Amy, Viola Diva, and Pandora! Wow. We’ve are also grateful to Amanda, who is now translating our Relief Society and YW lesson plans into French. Merci!
And now all the posts you should check out!
2014 posts with the greatest number of clicks
5. “They Just Don’t Understand” by Amy
4. Shepherds and Wise Men Guest Post by Karen
3. But What if Everyone Has Sex? by April Young Bennett
2. Five More LDS Church Discipline Policies that Affect Women Unequally by April Young Bennett
1. Church Discipline: Women Disciplined by Men by April Young Bennett
2014 posts most commented on
4. Church Discipline: Women Disciplined by Men by April Young Bennett
3. On the Subject of My Highest and Holiest Calling by Libby
2. Walking With Ordain Women… And the Church by Suzette
1. Rejected Offerings by April Young Bennett
Top 5 Search Terms for Finding Us 2014
5. relief society lesosns
4. mother’s day hymns
3. exponent ii blog
2. the exponent
Move over, Uchtdorf!
Happy New Year! And because we know you can’t get enough of the Exponent, follow us on Twitter and on Pinterest, too! And in keeping up with the digital age, this year the Exponent blog got an Instagram account. You can follow our Instagram here! We’ve also revived our Facebook presence. Our FB page is here and our discussion group is here. Maybe we’ll hit 1000 “likes” in 2015.
Do you have a favorite post form this year? I’m a particular fan of Cruelest Month’s Neckties post. Share your favorites in the comments!