Announcement: Exponent II Submissions Reminder
A week and a half until the next submission due date!
Are you looking to be a part of a wonderful literary tradition? Exponent II has been recording the thoughts and experiences of Mormon women since 1975. After a brief absence, we are excited to announce that Exponent II will resume quarterly publication online in June 2010. We hope to soon be able to publish in print as well.
As we renew Exponent II’s vision to give a voice to Mormon women everywhere, we are eager to expand our base of contributors. We welcome personal essays and articles of 1,000 words or more as well as artwork, poetry and fiction on any theme related to the experience of Mormon women, both inside and outside the church. We are looking for writing on any topic but some possible ideas that may spur your imagination are:
- “Where Have all the Mormon Feminists Gone?”: Essays on your own experience with the “F” word and whether or not Mormon Feminism still exists. Does Feminism play a role in your Mormon experience today?
- Enriching spirituality through traditional and non-LDS religious practices.
- “I Am Orthodoxy”: Which unconventional life choices have resulted from following your Mormon faith? How has your faith driven or provoked decisions to follow a particular career path, raise children or not, marry or remain unmarried, support a political cause, etc?
- Married to a Mormon: Essays from the other half of interfaith marriages.
- “Global Zion”: Essays and articles related to the experience of Mormonism outside of the United States.
We have set a quarterly publication schedule with the following upcoming submission deadlines (though please feel free to send in your submissions in advance):
February 15, 2010
June 15, 2010
Our first paper will be published June 1st with subsequent issues to follow quarterly.
Please email submissions for our upcoming issue by February 15th, 2010, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred format is Microsoft Word (.doc) or rich-text-format (.rtf). Upon receipt of writing, a letter will be emailed to authors letting them know when they can expect to hear back from the editors after submissions have gone through the Readers Committee.
Print submissions may be mailed to Aimee Hickman, 2035 Park Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217
We’ll look forward to reading your work soon!
The Exponent II Board and Editorial Staff