Exponent II Guest Editing Dialogue
Exponent II is excited to announce that we will be guest editing the Spring 2020 issue of Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought. The theme of the issue will be Women Claiming Power. We are currently looking for contributors for academic essays, personal essays, book reviews, poetry, fiction, sermons, and art. This is an exciting moment in the history of Exponent II and Dialogue and we’re hoping that you will be a part of it.
Here are some topics that we will be exploring:
- How are women claiming power within the church?
- How are women defying proscriptions about their roles?
- How are women claiming power through leaving the church?
- LDS women and ordination
- LDS women in key leadership roles within organizations
- A global look at different concepts and approaches to female power
- How artists and poets are exploring concepts of Heavenly Mother
- Womanist theology
- Gender binary in the concept of a Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother and how that engenders or limits a broad spectrum of female power
- How does spiritual/religious power reflect or keep up with or ignore social/cultural trends in women’s visibility and power?
- How do women adopt the methods of patriarchy and engage in undermining one another’s power?
- Mormon women immigrants and how they’ve merged/maintained their cultural traditions into U.S. church culture
If any of these topics interest you or spark another idea of where you can take this topic, please contact us at exponentiieditor AT gmail DOT com or reach out to one of our board members. Submissions are due August 1, 2019.