Was it just me or did January 2013 just seem to be brutal. Nothing particularly bad happened, it was just long and tiring. As such, I didn’t have the energy to write up a post for today. However, I read plenty of things this past month that made me think, laugh, cry, etc.
So I thought that today we could just share some of our favorite posts/articles/memes/videos. Hopefully this will start February off with a more positive tone.
Here we go:
- A Rape a Minute, A Thousand Corpses a Year. Ok, this is a very depressing read but it is absolutely the best breakdown of the problem of violence against in women in the United States that I have ever read. If you only have time to read one article, let it be this one.
- Betty Friedan Did Not Kill Home Cooking. Do you get tired of the old adage that second wave feminism is responsible for the obesity crisis? Yeah, me too. This article debunks this myth.
- Why Women Should Stop Trying to Be Perfect. A good followup piece to Anne-Marie Slaughter’s article, “Why Women Still Can’t Have It All“, from several months ago.
- Healing from Sexual Abuse. Chieko Okazaki took on this difficult subject and did it beautifully. The best LDS resource for this topic, a depressing reality, but at least we have this one.
- The Hawkeye Initiative. A blog with Clint “Hawkeye” Barton being placed in the same provocative, female poses that are featured in superhero comics.
- This is Colossal. Seriously amazing photographs.
- Two articles on dealing with internet haters as a woman. Assume They All Wear Fedoras and Haters Gonna Hate.
- BCC/FMH Meme War. Make sure you read the comments. Also watch this video by the brilliant, Benjamin Park. Seriously…watch it!
Your turn. Please share your links in the comments.