Now on Patreon!
Patreon is a social platform modeled off of the old “patron-artist” system to facilitate monthly contributions to fund artistic endeavors in exchange for exclusive perks. This grassroots model crowdsources funding for creative labor.
Our Exponent Patreon platform supports our nonprofit organization’s core pillars: the blog, the magazine, and the annual retreat, as well as our community funds and events, such as:
- BIPOC artist & writer scholarships
- Backpay to editors who polled and donated their stipends to pay magazine contributors
- Needs-based, LGBTQ+, and/or BIPOC retreat scholarships
- Collaborative art commissions
- The free, bi-monthly writing workshop series
- Virtual magazine launch parties
- The magazine subscription sponsorship program
Tiers start at $2. People can also transition between tiers or cancel at any time, especially if they have their eye on a specific “perk.” Some of those perks include:
- Monthly newsletter access
- Invitations to the quarterly magazine launch parties
- First-glimpse of new magazine cover reveals (4x per year)
- A PDF compilation of our six, Pushcart Prize-nominated magazine pieces at the end of the calendar year
- First-glimpse of the annual contest winning essay
- Free eBook of All God’s Critters Got a Place in the Choir by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich and Emma Lou Thayne
- Signed book by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- A print of original artwork from one of our artists
- A custom-made quilt, collaboratively designed with prize-winning quilter, Kirsten Campbell
Support artists, writers, and the continued sustainability of our nonprofit organization—all while getting cool stuff—by joining the conversation on Patreon.