I’ve been a bit out of the blogging loop during the holiday season. Some of these links are “old” and many of them are new articles that caught my eye this season. But I think you’ll enjoy them!
- My favorite Boston Globe columnist on Nancy Pelosi’s path to power: “Pelosi married young, bore five children in six years, raised them, and didn’t run for office until her youngest was ready for college. She was 47 when she got onto the fast track. She won the speaker’s cup at 66.”
- A profile of Marie Osmond.
- Women who have shaped BYU.
- Justice and mercy in an imperfect world. And while you’re at Kathy’s fabulous blog, follow the link she provides to this article about mercy at the swingset.
- Annie Lammott on loving and hating her son — a beautiful, painful essay.
- This article on green burials seemed fitting given our recent discussion. And while we are on the subject, Ardis provides insights on the LDS tradition of dressing the dead.
- John Remy is blogging at FMH. Check out his thoughtful posts. Jana Remy continues her series on her relationship with her husband.
- Not often do I miss living in Utah. Just moments like these . . . (I’m ready to book a flight . . . Ripples onion rings with fry sauce. Mmm . . .)