Virtual Oases, April 1
- This site probably won’t be quite as inspiring on April 2 — though we love it every day of the year!
- More April Fool’s fun
- Why I like Julie’s blog: She thinks to take pictures of the less glorious aspects of family life!
- And Amelia is willing to share embarrassing moments (yeah, well I fell flat on my face — quite literally — on my first day of teaching)
- Janet shares her story of being sealed to her son — and makes an exciting announcement
- So that’s why my Latkes are mushy. I’m trying this recipe on Saturday . . .
- Ana gives you a recipe and a marvelous story.
- Church launches new site focused on Jesus Christ — largely testimonies from church leaders (it’d be great to get some of our female leaders testimonies, too . . . )
- Report from the General Young Women’s Meeting
- Salt Lake Tribune: “Redefining the Mormon Empire”
- Andrew Sullivan on staying involved in a church, even when it hurts
- As an addendum to Zenaida’s post on talking about race: a mother reflects on raising biracial children.
- Bottom line: Cancer sucks.
- A map of the distribution of singles in America — by gender gap. Does this translate to the LDS worlds? Are LA wards male-heavy? (I know the Boston wards often had a 2-1 ration, women to men).
- Who knew? Jacoby Ellsbury has Mormon roots.
A personal case for universal health care: The View from Massachusetts
“Feminism Keeps My Marriage Together”
Love this video. Have a fantastic first day of April!