Virtual Oases, August 18
- Bizarre but fascinating historical artifact from Ardis.
- Another great article on Pres. Faust from Peggy Fletcher Stack.
- This piece of art took my breath away (and the post is pretty good, too 🙂
- Carol Lynn Pearson is profiled in the San Francisco Chronicle.
- At Z’s Daughters: Why discourage women from serving missions?
- Kristine, FMH Lisa and others spoke about Mormon blogs at Sunstone. You can hear their presentation here. M&M posts her reflections here.
- A post that got me thinking: Emily writes about inconvenient Christianity . . . and the commenters discuss the line between selfless service and counter-productive self-sacrifice. This is a rich, difficult topic at the heart of choosing the label of Christian. Jesus descended further into the practical pain of others than I am able to go — well before Gethsemene. The four gospels are beautiful, but do not provide an easy blue-print for living.
Just because: Another tragedy of the war . . .