Virtual Oases IX
A weekly summary of Mormon women’s voices on the web and in the news.
- Starfoxy: “Body-snatched”
- New biography of orginal Exponent Editor Emmeline B. Wells
- Activists urge tolerance toward gays/lesbians at BYU (begins with “Jane’s” story)
- Academia and Motherhood: Split identity?
- Taking a forced sabbatical from church — and enjoying it . A thought-provoking post from Kathy.**
- Julie quotes from one of my favorite talks . . .
**Update: I just came across this blog today, and this evening I took some time to read some of the archive — she is a marvelous writer who has had a whirl-wind few months (bed-rest with child #7, premature birth, beautiful baby boy, Downs Syndrome diagnosis) and writes about her life with candor and depth, such as this stunning post.