Virtual Oases XXIV
- S writes a tongue-in-cheek round-up of the semantics of “presiding.”
- Faith Journeys I: Mormon woman converts to Judaism, becomes a Rabbi, and now leads a synagogue in Virginia.
- Faith Journeys II: Jana and John Remy have a new podcast about their shared faith journey.
- Faith Journeys III: Tracy’s conversion to Mormonism
- I don’t usually link to a comment in a thread, but this one (by Matt Thurston) is worth sharing.
- Mogget: A fresh look (really) at gender and the temple.
- Winners of the Salt Lake Tribune musical parody contest. Scroll down to #10:“A Few of the Testimonies” (apologies to “My Favorite Things”). Here’s one representative verse:
Brother Johansen says God fixed his prostate
Sister Hill wails that her son’s gone apostate
Missy Brown details her trip to Belize These are a few of the testimo-nies
Brother Stone calls his ex-wife to repentance
Sister Dean can’t form a blubber-free sentence
Ammon Smith’s grateful the Jazz beat the Kings
These are a few of the Fast Meeting things . . .