What I really want for Mothers Day…
I have to admit that I appreciate a bouquet of flowers and some very fine dark chocolate. I’ve even really liked the jewelry that my husband has given me for Mother’s Day in past years. And the Eggs Florentine that John and the kids cook from scratch and serve to me in bed is the best. But, I have this secret list of things that would mean a lot more to me than food and flowers. Someday I hope to get one (or more) of these:
1) A clean house. Do the dishes, wash & fold the laundry, clean out the kitty litter box. Mop & vacuum the floors—even in the corners and under the furniture. Find new homes for all the dustbunnies under the kids’ beds. Dust the bookcases and the piano and the chairs—every nook & cranny. Sweep the porch. Wipe the bugs and dust off of the windowsills and out of the light fixtures. Clean the fridge and maybe even the oven.
2) Lots of kisses and hugs. For each member of my family to express their love for me and for each other.
3) When you serve me breakfast in bed, play Rachmaninoff on the stereo. Instead of leaving me alone to eat my favorite meal, join me.
4) A clean car—-inside and out.
5) Some help hoeing and weeding my garden. Or clipping back the honeysuckle that grows along the fence.
6) Share your favorite family memories with me. Get out the photo box and re-live some of the past together.
7) A massage. It could be my foot, my back, my scalp, or everything in between.
So, what’s on your Mother’s Day wishlist?